As a way of keeping this blog more regularly updated and inflicting upon the public the nearly infinite list of important writing I feel like I find every day, I’m going to spare (somewhat) my Facebook friends from the barrage of links that probably clog their feed when I dive into great articles. Here’s what I’m reading (or intending to read) in the other tabs open right now:
- The New Yorker, Ryan Lizza, Why Won’t Obama Rein in the NSA?
- The New Yorker, Jelani Cobb, Mandela and the Politics of Forgiveness
- Vulture, Steve McQueen on 12 Years a Slave
- The New York Times, Emily Bazelon, How Much Can Restitution Help Victims of Child Pornography?
- The New York Times, Andrew Solomon, Shameful Profiling of the Mentally Ill
That’s all for now. Look for this semi-daily, maybe even multiple times some days. Enjoy.